Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Schooled in Doon

Sanyukta Timsina, Nepalese beauty queen who is participating in the Miss International currently being held in China, gives credit to her alma mater Welham Gilrs' School for making her the person that she is today::


Sudeshna Sarkar

Miss Nepal Sanyukta Timsina, who will participate in Miss International soon, has a strong affinity with the city as she spent her formative years in Welham Girls' School. She has another strong association with India as she also studied in the Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) which is also know as the Indian School in Kathmandu. And according to the beauty queen, her stint at these two premier institutes helped her become the first runner-up at the Miss Nepal 2010 contest.
"Welham, my school, developed my personality," says the 19-year-old, who has left for China recently to take part in the grooming and other activities that will lead to the Miss International 2010 finale in Chengdu city on November 7.

"It improved my oratory skills. Other extracurricular activities that I learnt here like yoga, social service and even karate gave added dimensions to my personality," states Sanyukta.
The daughter of a senior police official, the young woman says when she took part in the Miss Nepal contest last month, Kendriya Vidyalaya, where she did her Plus II, rallied round her. "There was an SMS voting system and the school asked its students to vote for me," Sanjukta says with a smile, adding, "Lots of people from KV voted for me and my Welham friends called me, some of them after two years, hoping I would be Miss Nepal."

Though the crown went to Kathmandu girl Sadichha Shrestha, Sanjukta, the first runner-up, is hoping to do Nepal proud in the China pageant.

0 comments: