Wednesday, June 9, 2010

At maa's feet

Femina Miss India-2010 world seeks Ganga's blessing before Miss World pageant


P.S. Chauhan

Manasvi Mamgai, Femina Miss India World 2010, may be popularly known as a Delhite or a Mumbai based girl, but she regards herself an Uttarakhandi by heart. Her mother hails from Nainital and Manasvi spent many memorable days of her life here. Besides winning the prestigious Miss India crown, the glamour girl has many other claims to fame. She appeared in Elite Model Look India-2006, Miss Tourism International-2009. She also did ads for Lifestyle, Wagon-R and Woodland. After winning the prestigious title, Manasvi Mamgai was on a brief sojourn of the state. Taking a detour from her destination, Dehradun, she came to Haridwar to take the blessings of the Maa Ganga. As her entourage reached Haridwar, there was great excitement in the city and people gathered at the V.I.P. Ghat and Hari-ki-Pauri to have a glimpse of the damsel. Wearing dark goggles, she was clad in sky blue jeans and same colour top. Haridwar Plus engaged her as she spoke on Uttarakhand, her plans and more…

Rapport with Uttarakhand…
I may have got my education in Chandigarh and reside in Mumbai but I really belong to Uttarakhand. It is a land unspoiled nature and beautiful people. I have also imbibed a part of this beauty and majesty. I owe my stately height and perfect skin to the state.

Your inspiration…
I have learnt a lot from Ashwariya Rai Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and Lara Dutta and my mother. The latter has always been a true friend, a philosopher and a guide. After being separated from my father, my mother brought me up single-handed. It has been the cherished desire of my mother that I should win top laurels in beauty contests. So I took up modelling and started taking part in beauty pageants. By winning Miss India World-2010, I have vindicated her trust in me.

On Ganga…
The Ganga is the soul of India. She fulfils the desires of one and all. I have come here to seek the blessings of the Maa Ganga so that I may make my country proud by winning the coveted title. No Indian beauty has won this title for the last nine years. With the blessings of the Ganga I hope to break this jinx. But increasing level of pollution in the Ganga is a matter of concern. We must work to make her pure and clean. I shall remain actively associated with movements such as the Ganga Sparsh Abhiyaan.

On future plans…
Like many other super models and winners of beauty contests, my ultimate goal is to carve a niche in the Bollywood. However, at present my entire attention is to do well in Miss World Pageant.

On state's women
Uttarakhand is a state of talented women. I want that every women in the state must be educated that would enable her to lead a dignified and liberal life. Education is the key of prosperity.

0 comments: